What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that allow a website server to recognise you when you revisit the website. There are two types of cookies:
- Transient cookies: are set and exist for the duration of your visit. They are removed when you leave the website.
- Persistent cookies: remain on your computer until they expire or are deleted. They retain previously entered information to ease and simplify subsequent data input. For example your emailadres.
Cookies can be categorized in first- and third party cookies:
- 1st party cookies: are owned and created by Wave Content, for the website you are viewing
- 3rd party cookies: are owned and created by an independent company.
- Functional cookies: necessary to run the website smoothly.
- Analytical cookies: used to analyse visitors on the website and optimize accordingly.
- Advertising cookies: used to analyse your online behavior, in order to create a ‘buyer’s persona’ and advertise in a more relevant way (or should I say disturbing?).
Wave Content uses analytical cookies
Wave Content only uses 3rd party cookies from Google Analytics. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use this website.
Wave Content gathers the information to compile reports that help improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Google Analytics is a tracking tool offered by Google. It shows how visitors use a website. This allows me to measure my website´s performance. And optimize my website pages to boost relevancy/conversion.
- has a processor agreement with Google.
- turned off ‘data-sharing’ in Google Analytics.
- plans to anonymize IP-adresses of people that visit her website, with masking its last four digits.
- plans to place an opt-out option for visitors to be able to browse through the website without being tracked.
Wave Content does not use Google advertising services in combination with the Google analytics-cookies on her website.
How to delete these cookies?
Clear your browser history.
How to automatically delete these cookies?
You can let your browser clear history and cookies by itself, after every session. Every time you close your browser (close all open internetpages or tabs). Discover soon how to delete cookies for every browser:
Let's have a virtual coffee
Do you (wanna know if you) need to place a cookie-statement on your website? Or you want to ask me anything else? Fill in the form below: